Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Another post about baking

Tuesday

The train was 12 minutes late! Fafa dropped me off at the station around 9:54 and the train arrived at 10:22. It was a long time to be out on the cold train platform and a disappointing way to start the day.

My day got better when my photojournalism class was cancelled again. Our professor was sick again so the director of the communication program came to our class. She explained how our assignment that was supposed to be due Tuesday was due Friday. A lot of students were confused about the assignment so she tried her best to answer our questions. Then she asked us what we were liking about the class and not liking. I was glad she gave us an opportunity to tell her what wasn't working in the class. She then told us we were free to go.

I used my break...to go shopping. :) I went to a Red Cross thrift shop and bought a cool pair of black leggings that were from H & M.  They were only 48kr. Then I went to H & M and bought a much needed black "going out" purse.

In my Human Trafficking class we began the not so cheerful subject of child trafficking. We watched half of a movie about Romanina gyspy children living in Spain and Italy and how their parents force them to beg and steal money. It made all of us paranoid to see these little children effortlessly steal things from people's bags or from the ATM without them noticing. So I think I will be very careful in Italy.

I got home around 3:30 and set to work on my homework. For dinner, we had chicken and rice which was delicious.

In the evening, I went to Cheng's. She lives in my town but on the opposite side of the train station so it's like a twenty minute walk. My host dad was nice enough to drop me off and pick me up. It was cool to see her host mom's apartment because it was very African and Indian inspired. Susan, her host mom, just got back from a weeklong trip to India. Cheng and I baked chocolate chip banana muffins, made chai tea (the best chai tea latte I've ever had. hands down.) and watched PS I Love You. It was a very fun girly evening. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment