Sunday, April 21, 2013

Three city week


  • Saturday
    • I picked my parents up at the airport in the afternoon. I showed them around Copenhagen and we climbed the Round Tower. Things that no longer phased me really interested my parents, like some of the signs or sights around DIS. In the evening, we took the train to my host family's house where we had a lovely dinner. It was great to have my two families together. 
  • Sunday
    • We went to Tivoli today. The rides at Tivoli were a lot scarier than I expected. My mom and I don't easily get intimidated by thrill rides but we were scared to go on Vertigo. We went on it and agreed that it was terrifying. We also visited Nyhavn, The Little Mermaid, Amielenborg, and the Marble Church. I tried my best to be a little Copenhagen tour guide. 
  • Monday
    • My parents went to Rosenborg Castle and in the afternoon we flew to Paris. In the evening we went over to Disney Village where we ate dinner at Earl of Sandwich. Disney Village is like a Downtown Disney with shops and places to eat. They had different shops than the one in Florida but similar things like the hot air balloon and Planet Hollywood. 
  • Tuesday
    • This was our Disneyland Paris day. We went to both parks, Disneyland Paris and Disneyland Studios. My favorite ride was Crush Coaster because it was a well-done roller coaster and Finding Nemo themed. Being in Disneyland Paris was a dream come true because I've always wanted to go there but never thought I'd make it. I felt like I was in Orlando and it was weird how similar but different the rides were. Like, Haunted Mansion looked like an actual mansion, didn't have narration and was more scary. But it was still a similar ride with the doom buggies and 999 happy haunts. We all enjoyed Disneyland Paris. 
  • Wednesday
    • We only had one day to explore the city of Paris. Our day started out frustrating because we struggled to figure out what trains to take to get to the Louvre. Once we got there, our day was better. The weather was hot and sunny! We saw the major pieces of art at the Louvre, took a double decker tourist bus to Notre Dame, I ate a Nutella crepe, and we went to the Eifel Tower. We made it to Monte Marte, the highest point in Paris. We did a lot of the same things that we did last time I was there but I was fine with that.   
  • Thursday
    • In the morning, we took a train through the Chunnel to London. We arrived at Kings Cross so of course we saw Platform nine and three quarters. Our hotel was right behind the London Eye (above the aquarium) so we had a great view of Westminster bridge, Parliament and Big Ben. It was neat to wake up and check Big Ben for what the time was. We did a double decker tour bus through the city. When we passed St. Paul's, the heavens opened up and started to downpour. It was so crowded that we were stuck up on the top deck for fifteen minutes. We went to a cozy cafe to get some tea and chips to warm up. 
    • We did a River Cruise on the Thames, ate dinner at the Red Lion pub, and enjoyed our time in London.
  • Friday
    • In the morning we did a little more sightseeing, enjoyed live commentary from the hilarious British Jeff, and saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. 
    • We caught our flight back to Copenhagen and ate a delicious dinner in Helsingor. 


  • Saturday
    • We didn't have much time but we still managed to squeeze in Kronborg and Louisiana. We also drove along the ocean to get to the airport. So pretty. It was a tearful goodbye at the airport but I know I'll see my parents soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment