Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Can't Top That.

Yesterday was great. I really mean that.
  • Caught the train just in time
  • Did a little shopping in Copenhagen
  • Got a 10kr coffee and chocolate croissant from Studenterhuset
  • Got out of class early 
I was enjoying the sunshine by sitting by the fountain in Gammeltorv, reading a book on my iPad. I look up and I see Ulrik, Julie, Pernille and her mom. It was a dream come true. I was so shocked and extremely happy to see them. I was expecting them to call me and we would meet up somewhere. They came into Copenhagen to see my photojournalism exhibition.  Everyone really liked it. I was so happy for that, because I was afraid maybe Pernille wouldn't like the photographs. When she read the synopsis that I wrote, she almost began to cry. Me too actually. I was so happy. 

Signe and Gitte arrived and they also liked my photos. We went out to eat at a place down the road. We sat outside, next to a restaurant called Nova but I'm pretty sure we technically ate at an Italian restaurant because the menus did not say Nova.  

We had a wonderful family dinner. It was another moment when I was extremely happy. I ordered the tortellini and a Sex on the Beach. 

P, me and Julie went out to Dalle Valle for drinks afterwards. It was conveniently happy hour so we were able to get 2 drinks for 100kr. I loved my Mai Tais. 

As we were leaving Copenhagen, it was funny how I knew more about navigating us home than P or Julie. Like, I knew the train doesn't come to Norreport after 8pm and how the Helsingor train comes at Platform 1. 

I loved taking the train home with them, because it was so nice to sit and chat more. I feel like I've known them my whole life. 

Tuesday was an unforgettable day. 

Here are a few of my photographs from photojournalism:



Photos from last night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment