Monday, April 22, 2013

“It's strange because sometimes, I read a book, and I think I am the people in the book.” ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Today was full of ups and downs. It's like when I used to play the board game Chutes and Ladders. You feel up and then you feel down. But it's like from that Pixar short called Boundin: "Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet, get your head in the right place and hey you're complete!"
  • Up: I wore my horse tights. I got to the train station within 5 minutes of it coming. I ate sour gummi worms on the train. DIS wasn't crowded when I got there. I made some instant coffee for myself. 
  • Down: In class, I had to go to the bathroom really badly because I drank tea and coffee before class. I always feel uncomfortable getting up in the middle of class to go use the bathroom but today I just had to. Our discussion in class wasn't very stimulating anyway because no one was participating.
  • Down: I realized I missed the deadline for reserving a room on the ferry to Bornholm. I'm very nervous and not excited about the DIS biking trip to Bornholm. I don't know what to expect. I'm afraid I won't have fun, I won't know anyone, it will be cold and all the other kids will be better bikers than me. 
  • Down: In International Reporting, all we talked about was the Boston Bombings. 
  • Up: I went to a tourist shop on Stroget and bought a I heart Denmark iPhone cover. 
  • Up: I caught my train after a minute of standing on the platform
  • Down: There was a ladybug on the window of my seat and it wouldn't leave. 
  • Up: I rode my bike home along the beach
  • Up: I watched Perks of Being a Wallflower! I love that movie. And the book. I love it because the story is easily relatable to and well-written. It's one of those stories where I'm like Damn, I should've wrote that. I like the epistolary form of the book and the flashbacks they use in the movie. If you haven't seen or read it, I urge you to. 
  • Down: I had a Skype interview. I always get so nervous and stress out. I made sure to send a thank you follow up e-mail after the interview. All I can do now is keep my fingers crossed. 
  • Up: Homemade pizza and Funfetti Cupcakes for dinner! 
I'm fully aware that these ups and downs are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of life, but in the moment they can mean a lot. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm whining or complaining about anything because I'm very thankful for everything. I just had a yo yo of a day. 

Jackalope: Pink? Pink? Well, what's wrong with pink? Seems like you got a pink kink in your think!


No comments:

Post a Comment